To pick locks, one must either have an expensive lock-picking set or be skilled with whatever they have available to them. Bobby pins, soda cans, and even butter knives can get the job done, but each needs to be reworked into something more appropriate for the lock in question.
YouTube user wizwazzle prefers a butter knife to pick locks MacGyver-style, but it takes some work to fashion that steel into a useable lockpick.
For instructions on how to make your own lockpicks from dinner knives (also incorrectly known as butter knives), check out wizwazzle's 14-part video series below. You'll need some safety glasses, a dust mask, hearing protection, stainless steel knives, a bench grinder, files, and sandpaper.
If you want to learn more moves, check out all of the other lockpicking guides here on WonderHowTo.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades